Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First Meeting

So,
Last week I got a text that the birth mom who we had shown our profile too chose us. So we were matched! It was right as my preschool was starting for the day and it was hard for me to focus. I got teared up and went and told Wes. I felt so good about this birth mom. I told a few people that I would be surprised if she didn't choose us, because she seriously felt like "the one". She had seen our profile on Monday (I thought she was going to see it on Friday, so we were all nervous the whole weekend) and she chose us on Tuesday.
We got our finger prints at the police station on Wednesday and we didn't get them on the right paper, so we have to go back again this week. Annoying!
We talked with Birth mom G. on Thursday at 1:00 on speaker. I was so nervous, but G. made us feel so comfortable. She is so laid back and humble. We talked about how we wanted to meet her and her girls (she has her two little girls here living with her in an apartment). We decided to meet at Chuck E. Cheese's on Monday.
So, that's what we did. I was was so nervous! I didn't want to run out of things to talk about or say the wrong thing. Or look to overwhelmed with the kids that I already have and have her change her mind. So many emotions were going through my head.
It went so smooth! G. is awesome and so fun to be around. We laughed and talked about all kinds of things. She told us about our babies BirthFather (she didn't put anything in the paperwork, so I wanted to make sure to ask). She said he is tall, like 6'2 and skinny. He would be lucky to be 150 pounds. He has green eyes and is in the military. She said he isn't quite full African American, maybe German too.
So that's good to know. We don't know anything about Ivy's birth father. I think the agency said her birth mom said he was tall.
We gave G. and her girls gifts. Flowers for her and these littlest pet shop dogs with accessories and dolls. For her oldest girl who is 6 and back in MS we got her earrings and a necklace.
Wes helped a lot with G.'s girls so we could talk. Her girls are 2, almost 3 and 4.
I took G. and her girls home. There was a case worker that dropped her off (K.) and came in the middle to check up on us and give her a key. I assume it was to her apartment.
On the ride home she told me she was scheduled to have a C-section at the end of the month and she would be happy to have us at the hospital. :) When I dropped them off we went to the middle section of the apartment building, but she got confused and it was really the next apartment building over.
We are so excited to get another little one! I borrowed my sisters nice car seat and I also borrowed my friends swinging baby carrier thing. :) We just need to get a few more things out of storage and we are good to go.
Until something else happens, Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment